How are buyers protected during a transaction?
Tips for Buying Safely
We are a listing service, so you'll deal directly with the seller for the transaction (making everything faster and less expensive).
We strongly recommend you keep all communication on our messaging platform, never reach out privately, and contact us if you ever have any concerns or questions about a buyer or the selling process.
There are a couple of ways you can protect yourself during a transaction:
- Buy Within Your Size Range
It is important that you buy a dress within your size range. It is much easier to take a dress in a size or two than to try and let it out. Especially if the dress has already been altered; most manufacturers only leave 1/2-1" of materials to allow for letting a dress out.
If a dress does not fit when you receive it you will not be able to return it for a refund via PayPal unless the seller misrepresented the tag size or alterations done.
- Look Up The Designer's Sizing Chart
Every designer will fit differently - try to find the size chart for the dress you are buying to confirm if an unaltered version of the size you are looking to buy would fit, then consider the alterations the seller has done and determine if the dress will work for your body.
- Use a Protected Payment Method
We recommend Paypal and have integrated it directly into our messaging inbox! The seller can invoice directly inside your conversation and you'll be fully protected if your item doesn't ship, arrives damaged, or arrives and isn't exactly as described. Learn more here about safe payment methods.
- Get All of The Details
- Ask Questions. Confirm the authenticity and condition of your item. Ask the seller lots of questions about its current condition, the size & alterations done, the color, and ask if they offer a return policy and HOW the return policy works.
- Ask for Pictures. SO IMPORTANT! You need to see the dress in its current condition as of today. An honest seller won’t mind – a scammer will make up a reason they can’t send you pictures of the item as it looks right now in their hands.
- Take Pictures of The Box and Your Item The Moment It Arrives
- When you receive the dress take pictures of you unpacking the box and of the dress's front/back/fine details while you inspect it.
- Try it on! If you receive a dress that was not as described (damaged or different size/designer than listed etc) we recommend attempting to resolve it with the seller. If they are not willing to resolve it directly with you, you’ll want to navigate to the resolution center on PayPal to begin the process of getting a refund.